Social media is a phenomenon that has evolved into a ” revolution”.
This may sound extreme but many pundits point out that with the increase in mobile phones and applications, social media deserves this appellation. Simply put, social media has become much more pervasive and a part of daily life for millions.
But what does this mean – what are the implications? There are many aspects of this video that should be taken into account, especially by marketers and website optimization experts. What is clear is that social and mobile are merging and that the social networking experience is becoming endemic in the tandem with the increased usage of smart phones.
Some of the important facts are that :
- More people own a mobile device than a toothbrush
- Video is increasing in terms of mobile usage
- Membership of social networks like LinkedIn is increasing by 2 new members every second
- Seniors are joining social networks in large numbers creating new connections and marketing opportunities.
- Ninety percent of buyers trust peer recommendations on social media.